Collection, storage and use
2. No need to disclose personal information The Site can be viewed and its web feeds can be subscribed to without the need to disclose any personal information to us.
3. Your disclosure of personal information However, you may choose to disclose personal information if you choose to subscribe to communications from New Zealand Debt Management (“New Zealand Debt Management Communications”). Such personal information will be viewable by Site administrators, certain staff and contractors of New Zealand Debt Management and/or The Treasury (including third parties providing services related to the administration, improvement, and/or securing of the Site and the information it contains (“Third Party Contractors”)). Please do not provide or otherwise transmit personal information of a sensitive nature.
4. Holding of information Personal information that you provide in electronic form will be held by the New Zealand Debt Management and/or The Treasury, and may be shared with, and held by, Third Party Contractors to the extent necessary for the services they provide related to the administration, improvement, and/or securing of the Site and the information it contains. Names and email addresses provided by users to New Zealand Debt Management when subscribing to New Zealand Debt Management Communications are not made available to the public. Unless required by law, we will not publicise personal information we hold about any person without the consent of that person.
5. Use of personal information We will only use personal information provided to us for the purposes of sending you New Zealand Debt Management Communications, administering, evaluating, improving, and securing the Site and the information it contains, improving our services and communicating with you.
Statistical information and cookies
6. Statistical information collected We may collect statistical information about your visit to help us improve the Site. We use Google Analytics for tracking usage of the Site. This information is aggregated and non-personally identifying. It includes:
- your IP address;
- the search terms you used;
- the pages you accessed on our Site and the links you clicked on;
- the date and time you visited the site;
- the referring site (if any) through which you clicked through to this Site;
- your operating system (eg, Windows XP, Mac OS X);
- the type of web browser you use (eg, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox); and
- other incidental matters such as screen resolution and the language setting of your browser.
7. Use of statistical information The statistical information referred to above will be viewable by Site administrators and certain other staff of New Zealand Debt Management and/or The Treasury. It may also be shared with other government agencies.
8. Cookies This Site generates persistent session cookies for the purpose of monitoring Site usage. The cookies do not collect personal information. You can disable them or clear them out of the web browser you are using to view this Site without affecting your ability to use the Site.
Records and disclosure statement
9. Public Records, Official Information and Parliament Any personal information you provide may constitute public records and be retained to the extent required by the Public Records Act 2005. New Zealand Debt Management may also be required to disclose those materials under the Official Information Act 1982 or to a Parliamentary Select Committee or Parliament in response to a Parliamentary Question.
Rights of access and correction
10. Your rights Under the Privacy Act 1993, you have the right to access and to request correction of any of your personal information provided to the New Zealand Debt Management in connection with your use of this Site. If you would like to see the personal information relating to you that the New Zealand Debt Management has stored, or to change such personal information, or if you have any concerns regarding your privacy, please contact us at the address set out below. The New Zealand Debt Management may require proof of your identity before being able to provide you with any personal information.
PO Box 3724
Tel: +64 4 472 2733
11. Privacy Commissioner If you are not satisfied with our response to any privacy-related concern you may have, you can contact the Privacy Commissioner:
Office of the Privacy Commissioner
PO Box 10-094
Wellington, New Zealand
Phone: 04 474 7590
Enquiries Line (from Auckland): 302 8655
Enquiries Line (from outside Auckland): 0800 803 909
Fax: 04 474 7595