2020/21 Funding Strategy - at a glance
The Treasury's New Zealand Debt Management function has the objective of minimising the Crown's borrowing costs over the long-term with due consideration to risk, while ensuring ongoing access to debt funding markets.
- Monthly tender schedules announced in advance, with multiple bonds offered per weekly tender.
- Forecast inflation-indexed bonds issuance of NZ$1 billion to NZ$2 billion.
- Increased syndicated issuance expected, including syndicated taps.
- New NZGB 2041 syndication expected in July, and NZGB 2027 syndicated tap expected in August.
- Enhanced communication channels to support continued focus on diversification of the investor base.
2020/21 New Zealand Government Bond (NZGB) programme forecasts
Achieving a balance between the following three goals
Guiding principles underpinning the strategy